Your Health & Safety Is Our Priority.
OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
The principles of infection control and prevention remain the same however, the COVID-19 pandemic represents a unique and unprecedented challenge that warrants enhanced infection control considerations.
We now have new routines and procedures that start as soon as you call to make an appointment. You will be asked whether you have a recent history of travel and whether you have any of the now well known symptoms of COVID-19, that include :
- A new persistent cough
- A high temperature or fever (higher than 37.8°C)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- When you arrive for your appointment you must be wearing a mask and will be asked to use a hand sanitiser as you enter the practice.
- You will be given a questionnaire repeating the questions already asked over the phone, this must be completed and if you remember, please bring your own pen.
- In addition, your temperature will be taken using a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- If you have arrived in your own car you will be asked to return to your car until your dentist is ready to see you. The car park is directly outside the clinic.
We appreciate this might not be convenient but ask for your understanding as it assists social distancing and enhances the safety of all patients.
- Finally, you will be taken to a freshly prepared and sanitised single patient room to see your dentist.
- After the first fitting of your mask, if you touch it, remove it or reposition it – you have potentially contaminated your hands !
You will have to use a hand sanitiser immediately.
- When you remove your mask after arriving home, dispose of it immediately or, if reusable put it in a dedicated area that only you will use – reusable masks should be washed daily.